You’d be surprised by the number of toxicity levels found in beauty products these days, even the ones that claim to be natural but are not all that natural.
Today we are going to share with you a DIY beauty recipe that contains completely natural ingredients. This concoction will help rejuvenate your skin and keep it looking fresh and young.
This “miracle” face cream recipe has anti-aging properties, removes eye puffiness, protects and heals the skin, and removes toxins and impurities.
All ingredients are natural and work wonders to keep your skin healthy and vibrant. The homemade lotion is scented with sweet orange essential oil. Not only does orange essential oil give it an amazing aroma but it also contains antibacterial and anti-aging properties.
The five main hero ingredients included in this recipe are:
- Sweet Almond Oil – Contains vitamin E which helps keep your skin cells healthy.
- Apricot Kernel Oil – Contains gamma linoleic that aids to firm and tone your skin.
- Aloe Vera – Provides anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties.
- Jojoba Wax – Soothes sensitive skin and hydrates dry skin, keeping it moisturized.
- Orange Essential Oil – Absorbs vitamin C, produces collagen and increases blood flow to the skin.
You Will Need:
- 2 tbsp sweet almond oil
- 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
- 2 tbsp apricot kernel oil
- 1 tbsp jojoba wax
- 10 drops orange essential oil
How To Make Lotion
1. Combine almond oil, apricot kernel oil and jojoba wax in a pan in a double boiler.
2. Slowly mix and stir occasionally as the water heats and melts the ingredients.
3. Once the mixture is fully melted, turn off the heat, pour the liquid into a glass bowl and let it cool down for 30 minutes (or until room temperature).
4. Add the aloe vera gel and orange essential oil to the mixture.
5. Use a hand mixer and continue whipping until it turns thick and creamy.
6. Pour into whatever glass jar you have.